Sunday, March 4, 2012

Scrapbook pages for my cat Callie---------

My cat was spayed over Christmas vacation and it was not a happy time.  Her incision split open overnight and we had to take her to an emergency vet to get it stapled shut. The vet said she had an allergic reaction to the thread stitches and that's why she was so swollen and it opened up. After that she got the cone of shame and she sure looked plain silly for a while!  I cannot tell you the amount of stress she put us through during that time, but I can say that she is 100% better now. All her fur has grown back and she is happy go lucky all the time again! The stress did take up about 2 months of time and it has to be a part of her scrapbook, if I had a surgery it would be in my scrapbook!

I am entering it in a few challenges.  I got the inspiration layout from a young lady named Carly, her blog is here. I will be entering my creation into their challenge, I think I maybe the only non-card item so far.  No worries there will be no favorites between Carlys!

I am also entering it into Meljens current weekly challenge. The are having an orange challenge and you are to use their stamped images on the creation some how! I used my orange and tan kitty theme scrapbook paper and was able to use the "get well soon" digi stamp from their shop.  Go get it, its is only $1!

Also due to the color hues I am entering into Pink gem blog, who requests pastels.  All the colors are very pastel and muted so why not? I found this blog via a friends page and love their work (and stamps).

Without further wait here is the actual images of the items I made! 2 page layout of 6x6 pages. 


Left page
 Showing the incision site on her stomach


Right page
Cone of shame as she tries to eat!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! Thanks for playing with us at Sketches by Carly :)

    ReplyDelete