Monday, April 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Princess-----

Hi ya, yes stickles still wet...how did you know?!

Anyway I have the house all to my self for a bit, which is good because I am cranky! So cranky I am complaining to Tilda as I color, yes, I hate the heat. My hair is mussed, my back is sore and my feet are tired, 88 degrees in this house is too hot!

My nieces birthday party is in 6 days so I got to work on her birthday card. It was sooooo hard at first but then I found my paper and I did not stop once before I was done. Now I have one heck of a clean up, but its done and I love it! The colors are lovely and inspired by Magnolia-licious in the image below. I picked up on the primary colors and went to town!


My card is intended for a 4 year old princess who is getting everything pink, I wanted to be a step outside the box with her card. With her baby sister coming really soon I also wanted to go a bit overboard for a 4 year old, let her know that I love her! This will be her last birthday party alone, as her sister is so close they will have a combined party. She is scared about the baby coming, never said it, but you can see the jealousy in her eyes. I do not blame her, for four years she was the only girl and lavished with kawaii, pink, love and hugs. Now when something pink comes in she is told "Ahh thats for the new baby".  Poor kid, a bit to young to understand I think.



I had fun making this. I can say I have never used colors like this together! The princess last month ( the silver thing is decoration)






Magnolia-Licious----- Color inspiration photo above
Sweet stamping--------- Girly but NOT pink
OOzak------------ Anything my 3rd and last entry
Midweek Magnolias--- Special Birthday
Totally Tilda---- Happy birthday my second entry this week.






12 comments:

  1. Wow!! this is an amazing card. I love the design, colouring and papers. So many amazing elements. Fantastic work. Thank you for joining us at Midweek Magnolias with your gorgeous creation.
    Hugs
    Suzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card!

    Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful fun card, love all the glitter. Thank you for playing at Totally Tilda.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet, love the bright colours. Thanks so much for joining us atb Midweek Magnolias this time
    hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card, love those colors, how fun! That little princess is adorable too! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She really is a princess. And your card is lovely on the papers, colors and glitter. :)

    ppc

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter would love that card...she looks sooo pretty!thanks for joining us at totally tilda & good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun and festive birthday card, beautiful. Thank you for joining us Oozak's first challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carly Jo, the birthday card that you have created is so darling!! I know that your niece is going to love it!! I love all the layers of brightly colored DP's that you have added!! It looks like a party!! Thank you for joining the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog Color Inspiration Challenge. I hope you join us again on Tuesday for a new Inspiration Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card and lovely bright colours!! Thanks for sharing at Totally Tilda and good luck!!
    Hugs
    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful birthdaycard for a beatuful princess! Hope she had a great day on her birthday!!! Shes lucky to be surrounded by loving people like you!
    Thanks for joining the Totally Tilda challenge this time!
    Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card, love the bright colours! Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete